SELECTED RECENT VIDEO & INSTALLATIONS
Most of the videos and installations are produced in collaboration with filmmakers and arts organizations.
These works are almost always exhibited as ‘objects‘ – in other words they are displayed with spatial intent and functions more like three-dimensional environments than video artworks. In this way the viewer is implicated in the artwork through the erasure of the notions of ‘distance‘ and ‘spectatorship‘. Thom views his works as physiological extensions of the body incorporating its drives within a web of communications that is simultaneously internal and external, ‘acting‘ and ‘acted-upon‘ – a productive body that is not simply subject to external forces but also a force to be reckoned with in itself.
This page has the following sub pages.
- Flow (2011)
- Host II (2010)
- Blood Rites/ eat your words (2010)
- Shellshock (2010)
- Illumination | 2010
- Panopticon (2009)
- Outpost 4 (2008)
- The Theory of Displacement (2008)
- Challenging Mud (After Kazuo Shiraga) (2008)
- Terms of endearment (2007)
- The Ascension (2007)
- Birth of a Tyrant (2007)
- The Theory of Flight (2006)
- The Theory of Evolution (2006)
- The Minotaur Series 12 (2005)
- The Labyrinth (2004)
- Violence and Happiness (2003)
- The Pencil Test Series (2003)